Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
(SIT30821, CRICOS 109898C)
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a commercial cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Minimum Entry requirement for enrolling in Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30821, CRICOS 109898C) at Milestones are:
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Completion of Year 12 and/or equivalent
- English proficiency levels of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent or completion of a Literacy, Language and Numeracy (LLN) assessment at ACSF Level 4
In addition, the students will be assessed for existing skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the work in a commercial kitchen and hospitality environment, the students will be required to undertake a Pre-Training Review.
Key Skill Areas
- Be a qualified chef with our Certificate III in Commercial in Cookery. You may go on to find work in a range of commercial kitchen environments such as hotels, restaurants, cafes, cruise ships, clubs, event catering organizations, and many more. You will learn from food safety practices to using different methods of cooking. From planning and designing menus to cooking with meat, poultry, seafood, and vegetables. The course also includes other essential skills such as baking and cooking desserts.
- Course Id:SIT30821
- Intakes:Every 4 Weeks
- Duration:52 weeks
- Milestones International College
- (TOID 45323 / CRICOS 03877M)